Hello fitness friends,
It seems every year people make New Year’s Resolutions. For some they are connected to wellness. Some vow to work out more, eat healthy, and take better care of themselves. However, the more we move away from January 1rst, the more we move away from those resolutions. Here are some easy ways to stay on track.
1. Put those goals in writing! Post them where you can see them. There is something that happens when we put our goals in writing and in a place where we can see them. It’s a reminder.
2. Tell someone else your goals so they can hold you accountable. I have a subscription to an online fitness community. Seven (7) ladies connect to hold each other accountable.
3. Recall why you started! Most people make resolutions because there’s something in their life they need or want to change.
4. Imagine yourself succeeding. Where the mind goes, the body follows. Imagine yourself reaching your goals, being a champion.
5. Find a buddy. It’s easier to workout with someone or in a class. It’s more motivating.
6. Don’t buy junk food and keep healthy snacks in your office. If it’s not at home, you can’t eat it. If you have an alternative, you have a back up plan. I eat apples and peanut butter instead of cookies my office supplies.
7. Celebrate success. Once you reach a milestone, celebrate it. I have a system where if I stick to workouts (4-6 a week)for say 6 weeks, at the end I can purchase something I want. Or you can put a dollar in a jar for every workout. At the end treat yourself!
8. Make it fun! No one likes to be forced to do something. Find ways to make healthy living fun. Starting this blog was fun for me. To share what I’ve learned and am learning.
9. Remember it’s easier to keep going than to stop, and then start over. Any progress is better than no progress.
10. Lastly, motivate yourself! Other people can only do so much. It’s your life, your health, and your future you’re working to make better.
I believe in you! You can do it!!! There’s a champion in you. So, don’t settle for a less than an amazing life.