Hello Fitness friends. I hope life is treating you well. I wanted to post tonight about foods that seem good for you, but aren’t so good for you. Let’s start with diet soda. I have been known to drink a diet soda or two…I have done some research and it is not good for you.
Diet Soda can cause…
- An increase in appetite and weight gain. People who drink diet soda are prone to eat more. Artificial sweeteners trick your brain into thinking it’s getting sugar without the calories, but some studies have shown it has the same impact on your blood sugar. We know stable blood sugar leads to fat loss. Unstable blood sugar leads to weight gain, so you can gain weight drinking diet soda.
- Memory fog. Studies on soda have shown it has the potential to cause brain fog and memory problems.
- Acids, preservatives can erode your teeth, cause kidney problems, and intestinal issues.
I’ve seen so many uses for soda to clean toilets, corroded batteries, and more…Soda is not our friend.
Wheat Bread can cause….
- Spikes in blood sugar. I was watching Dr. Oz do a special on wheat bread. It raises your blood sugar the same way a candy bar does. Yikes!
- Allergic reactions. Wheat bread today has a higher gluten content than it used to. Gluten makes our bread softer, makes you feel full longer, but it’s also causing problems for people. You can have a gluten intolerance and not test positive for Celiac disease. Gluten intolerance can cause headaches, bloating, or other intestinal issues. Gluten causes inflammation in the intestines.
Orange Juice and most juices can cause….
- Elevated blood sugar! You are better off eating an orange. The amount of sugar in a serving orange juice is close to what’s in a candy bar. Better yet if you have a juicer, run some fresh fruit through it.
Milk can cause….
- Elevation of blood sugar. Look at the sugar content on your milk carton. We don’t need as much dairy as the commercials say. There is calcium in other foods.
- Hormone disruption. Some cows are given hormones to increase their production of milk. These hormones can interfere with your hormones. If you must drink milk, shoot for non treated cows milk.
Here are some alternatives…