Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I know I’m early, but I wanted to get my well wishes out there.
The holiday season is normally the last big feasting season before people make their New Years resolutions. Wouldn’t it be nice not to put on 5-15 pounds during the holidays that must be burned off in January?
I think so!
So here are some tips to surviving the holidays.
1. Hydrate! Most people mistake thirst for hunger. Dehydration leads to overeating. Make sure you’re drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day if not more.
2. Stay moving! It’s easy to slack on workouts during busy times. Make time to keep moving.
3. Eat fruits and veggies! It’s unreasonable to think you’ll only eat super healthy foods during the holidays. So instead of depravity, look for ways to add healthy foods.
4. Moderation! Maybe dessert is limited to certain days like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day or New Years Eve or New Year’s Day. Don’t make every day a splurge day.
5. Though painful, keep track of calories. Eating that box of cookies is less tempting when you see it’s 1200 calories and 100 grams of sugar. 😦
6. Make wellness a priority! It’s a lifestyle change. Make eating healthy and exercising a lifestyle choice.
7. Take supplements! Don’t forsake those vitamins.
8. Get adequate rest! Take time for R&R. Don’t jam pack your schedule with activities. If you do, you’ll be exhausted once the holidays are over and more prone to overeating.
Well, fitness friends, wishing you a wonderful and safe holiday! Stay on the wagon. You can do this!!!