Hey friends. Tonight’s post is about staying hydrated. Since I am still restricted from lifting weights, I have been focused on nutrition. 🙂
Water is something our bodies need. Our bodies flourish when we drink the proper amounts of water.
Here are just some of the benefits of drinking 8 glasses of water a day.
1. Increased metabolism. Studies have shown that people who drink 8 glasses of water have a higher metabolism than those who drink 4 glasses or less. Water helps to rid the body of toxins. When we are dehydrated we over tax our liver. When our liver is over-taxed we will not lose fat effectively.
2. Better complexion and skin. Our skin needs water. People can spend copious amounts of money on moisturizers and skin treatments and anti-aging products, when what they need is H20. I started drinking 8-10 glasses a day and noticed a drastic difference in the texture of my skin.
3. Flexibility in the joints and spine. Did you know that the amount of water you drink can affect your flexibility and joint health? It’s true. I am not stating if you drink water you will become an Olympic gymnast. I am stating that if you are consistently dehydrated, you are probably more prone to back aches, stiff muscles, stiff joints, and more prone to injury.
4. Increased energy. Brain fog, irritability, and fatigue can be linked to dehydration. If you are not taking water in, you are taxing the rest of your body. Every cell in the body needs water. We can live much longer with out food than we can without water.
5. Better smell. Okay, so it’s a little gross…but did you know that not all foul body odor is due to a lack of washing the skin? It’s true. When people are dehydrated sometimes they suffer from ketosis. Extreme cases cause the release of ammonia through the pores of the body. Some people bathe/shower in the morning and smell foul by the afternoon. They are not taking in enough water for their bodies to flush toxins. The same goes for some forms of bad breath. So drink some water!
6. Healthier body. Let’s face it, dehydration is a bad thing. We want to be healthy. Water is essential to be healthy. So, let’s ditch the over consumption of caffeine (which is a diuretic-causes water loss) and sugary drinks (esp. diet soda) and grab some good ole H20.
Just in case my list wasn’t enough, here is a photo that has some more benefits of drinking water. Have a great rest of the week friends! Keep up the good work. Cheering for you.
One Comment Add yours
Great post. Water is so important and our bodies are great at telling us when we need more of it.