Hello Fitness Friends! I have not forgotten about you! You are thought of often. Life has been super busy and well, I’m sorry I’ve neglected you.
What have you decided to do to improve your life in 2014? I’m constantly talking about lifestyle changes. Here are a few things I’m doing this year to improve my lifestyle.
A. Started 30 Day Shred by Jillian Micheals 10 days ago. I’ve done ripped in 30, but never this workout for 30 days. I’ve gone online and seen the before and after photos. It works. Jillian knows her stuff. And who doesn’t have 20 minutes to workout? I can manage that. You?
Her 3, 2, 1 method is proven to change the shape of your body. Three minutes of strength. Two minutes of cardio. One minute of abs. There are three circuits.
What have I noticed in just 10 days?
1. Muscle definition. I put on muscle fast anyway, but this workout is changing my shape. Anyone want tickets to the gun show? Just kidding. I want to, if I can gather up the nerve, post some before and after shots.
B. Sugar cleanse/detox. Darn those holiday cookies!!! I mean really. Why does sugar taste so good. Truth is, sugar is as addictive as any hardcore drug and more Americans are addicted to sugar than any other substance. Wow!
We consume far more sugar than necessary. The result is obesity and for some diabetes.
1. Cutting out the cakes, cookies; threw out leftover holiday cookies. I’m not going to be a sugar addict. And sugar ages you. Got wrinkles, you can partially blame sugar. It helps destroy collagen. I’m not wrinkled yet, why help the process along with a poor diet?
C. Doing more fun things! Are you like me: you work and find it difficult to fit in fun things. So this year, I’m venturing out to do more fun things.
1. Dance classes. I started out early in life dancing. I’m going back to my roots.
2. Photography classes. Why not? Someone should help me to stop cutting people’s heads off in photos. Good grief.
3. Spending more time with family! Life is a short and precious gift.
4. The Spa, how I love thee. First ever facial this year and it was fantastic. I love Dr. Murad products. Our skin tells a story. If we neglect it, it’s very apparent.
Well friends, I hope you’ve started off your year with good things in mind! Honor yourself and others. Have fun. Treat your body like a temple, cause it is!
Wishing you the best!!!